Positive & Proven Dog Training in Duluth, MN
Our trainers are experienced in a variety of positive, proven training methods with dogs of all ages and breeds. This allows us to customize your dog’s training using methods your pet responds to best. Our programs are so effective because we custom-tailor the training experience for each pet. It starts with a FREE training evaluation at Canal Bark, where we’ll discover your individual goals and challenges and review the best options for you. Call us today to find out more!
Canal Bark University
Our comprehensive training program includes a range of options to fit your needs. We also have 2 AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluators on our staff.
Puppy Academy (ages 8 weeks to 4 months)
Our Puppy Academy focuses on socialization and training basics. Your puppy’s experience will include:
- Socialization with exposure to different situations, people and other dogs
- Intro to basic obedience including sit, down, recall, and loose leash walking
- Fun play times!
Puppy Academy runs weekly and the more weeks your puppy can attend, the more they’ll benefit from consistent training and socialization opportunities.
Doggie Day School
Doggie Day School focuses on obedience training with some socialization. Your dog’s day school experiences will include:
- Basic obedience (sit, down, loose leash walking, impulse control, recall and more – the exercises become more challenging as your dog moves up through our levels)
- Socialization (exposure to dogs, humans, and new situations including public outings as your dog levels up)
- Fun play times as appropriate for your dog
Doggie Day School comes in packages of 3, 4 or 5 per week. The more weeks your dog can attend, the more they will advance (and the more well-behaved they will be!) We also offer advanced and specialty training programs for dogs who complete our basic obedience program, including, but not limited to, Canine Good Citizen preparation (a must for aspiring therapy dogs!) and off leash training. Call today to find out details about our Doggie Day School options.
Additional Training Options
- Puppy Socialization Classes: One evening a week for 4 weeks. Our puppy classes focus on puppy socialization and pet parent education as well as a solid start on basic obedience.
- Group Obedience Classes: One evening per week for 4 weeks.
- Training Immersion Program: This program combines our Doggie Day School with overnight lodging for a week at a time.
- Private Lessons: One-on-one training with one of our instructors for a tune-up or specialized training.
Benefits of Professional Dog Training
Dogs are naturally smart and eager to learn, but training doesn’t often come easy at home. If you’ve tried training your dog on your own, you’ve likely run into more than your fair share of confusion and frustration. Professional trainers are here to untangle the lines of communication between you and your dog and help you establish a better relationship than ever.
- Years of experience with dogs of all kinds. Our training team has seen it all—from lovable Labradors to bouncy Beagles, we’ve had success with dogs of all ages and personalities. Because we’re educated in multiple training techniques, we can figure out what your dog responds to best.
- The best environment for learning. Our training center has all the tools we need to help your dog learn. Because we can control the amount of distractions and incentives, we can impart lasting knowledge that stands up to the world outside Canal Bark.
- Lots of knowledge for you to keep. At the conclusion of our training programs, you’ll go home with all the tools you need to maintain your dog’s training now and in the future. We’ll equip you with practice exercises, training tips, information on your breed, and much more.